Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 18 - WTH?!?!?!

I weighed myself this morning and I've put on 1.6 lbs since Tuesday - 3 days ago.  What the freakin heck?!?!  How is that possible?  One scone cannot add 1.6 lbs.  Do my coffees w/ Splenda and skim milk (2 per day) have secret points I'm unaware of?  Is the caffeine making me retain fluids?  Is my metabolism slowing down because I've suddenly started eating fewer calories and less fat?  I'm not under-eating, and I'm working out daily, so why would my metabolism slow down?

I have to do some research on what causes water retention, and  address that before my next *official* weigh in, Tuesday morning.

Man, it's hard not to feel discouraged right now.


PM update:
I can't get discouraged now.  I just started this thing.  I've been eating well, exercising regularly and feeling in control.  That needs to count more than the # on the scale...anyway, that scale has no idea what pressing down on it.  Fat, muscle, water retention, undigested food, unflossed teeth, unshaved legs...(ha!)
I'm driven to do my hardest workout tonight.  No wait - I take that back.  The Insanity workout is the hardest, by far.  But Tae Bo is 2nd, and I can get through it without wishing I was dead, which I generally prefer.  Exercise should make you feel strong, capable and good about yourself - not like your body and your will are at war and both are losing.  Insanity is for very special occasions only.  (Like the  months preceding my 20th HS reunion 2 summers ago.)

Today I ate 25 pts
Workout: Tae Bo (1 hr) and Firm Abs (10 min) - +7pts
TOTAL:  17 pts



No comments:

Post a Comment