Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 17

I made up for my scone b'fast w/ healthy, low-fat lunch & dinner and a good workout.  I guess I can take it easy on myself for an occasional indulgence.  Beating myself up and getting discouraged over it might end up causing more damage to my goals than the scone did.  At the same time, I tend to get to go too easy on myself and give my workouts too much credit, so I am accepting a little bit of regret over the scone.  Hopefully just enough to think twice next time.

I was thinking today about how totally great it feels to be fit, toned and flab-free.  I remember the feeling, and I really want it back.  It makes sense that it requires so many little sacrifices along the way, and all these little healthy food choices I make each day now - though they seem difficult in the moment - are so obviously worth it in the long run.  Nothing tastes as good as IN CONTROL feels.  I'm not happy with the cellulite I have, and I'm not in control as long as I keep it on my body.  I know exactly what I need to do to lose it, and I am making a decision to do that.  I am not giving crappy food control over this.  I'm in control, dammit.  >grrrr<

No problem at all on the exercise part of all this.  I love my workouts.  Thank God!! :)

So:
Today I ate 22 pts
Workout: The Firm Turbocharge - Cardio & Sculpt, and Firm 5 Day Abs  (-3 pts)
TOTAL:  19 pts


I've started pre-planning my b'fast and lunch for the next day, so I can pack accordingly for work and not face that "what should I eat" dilemma when I'm hungry.  Tomorrow I'm going out for a late Valentine's Day dinner w/ my honey, so I'm keeping my pts to a minimum earlier.  I am in control....I do not have to dread going hogwild at dinner and ordering creamy/buttery/deep fried foods and chocolate lava cake a la mode just because I'm out and it's tempting and it's a holiday excuse.  I can go to dinner planning to order and love a grilled seafood entree w/ veggies, and share a dessert, and end the evening feeling really great about it all.  That's how I want to feel at the end of the night.  And I vowed to be under 150 by Tuesday, so I can't waste the progress that I can make tomorrow towards that goal.

I feel good. :)

I want these quadriceps by summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment