Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 23

It's Ash Wednesday - a day of fasting...sort of.  Not totally fasting.  2 small meals, and one main meal which shouldn't exceed the size of the 2 small meals, and no snacking in between.  This.  Is.  Hard.  !!!!!
So I ate a cup of dry cheerios for bfast, w/ my coffee.  Lunch was a piece of multi grain panini bread w/ a tsp of peanut butter, and somewhere between 1/2 and 1 oz of mixed nuts/seeds/raisins.  (I'll round off to 1 for the sake of convenience.)  Dinner was 1c. of black bean soup w/ 1/4 c. white rice.  Had another coffee after dinner.  Then my daughter asked me to make her a late dinner (since she hates beans), so I was up in the kitchen thinking of all the food I wanted to eat.  I actually had the No Pudge Brownie box in my hands, then put it back and reached for the whole wheat pita chips w/ hummus.  I figured if I was going to break my fast, I'd at least control myself against the BIGGER temptation for chocolate, and stick to something healthy.  I had 6 chips w/ about a Tbsp hummus.  So I fell short of fasting as planned, but I did the best I could do - 1st day of lent and plenty of room (and time) for growth in self restraint.  >sigh<  Just not there yet.

Today I ate 19 pts.
No Exercise (2 days now! Ack!)
TOTAL:  19 pts

Goal:  To look almost as good as this chick does in shorts and a racerback tank like hers.   (Almost , yes.  That's not limiting my ambition.  It's acknowledging that even "almost as good" as this is downright amazing!)






No comments:

Post a Comment