Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 9: To Weigh or Not To Weigh - That is the Question

Today wraps up my 9th week of my weight loss/fitness endeavor.  I've been very PMS'y, bad migraine for 2 days, bloated, moody, blah blah blah...It's a bad month for my TOM and it's just starting - tomorrow will be the worst of it.  So should I stick to my usual Tues morning weigh in?  Or put it off a couple of days?  I'm so eager to see my progress, but really don't want to ruin the impact of a great week by seeing a smaller loss than I actually worked for, or NO loss (!) due to temporary stupid ol' girly issues.

What a dilemma.

I just can't stand waiting, so I'm going to weigh.  If it's not a loss, I may just not post it for a couple of days, til I re-weigh after my symptoms ease up.

I was doing knee lift ab crunches during Insanity tonight - lots of them in rapid succession, balanced on the other leg - and I saw oblique muscles I haven't seen in a very long time!  THAT was freakin' great!!!! By the end of this summer challenge, I want them to be visible when I'm just standing around in my bikini...because let's face it, there's no real reason to be doing knee lift ab crunches during poolside social gatherings.  (If anyone can think of a good excuse to, please do share!)


Today's stats:

Your Daily Summary

19787659_3275_thumb
158
CALORIES REMAINING
GoalFoodExercise= Net
12101468- 416  1052
Exercise:  Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning


4 comments:

  1. LOL pool side ab crunches may be mistaken for the latest dance move ;)
    Must feel so good to actually SEE the progress!
    Don't let the weigh in number get you down if you do see an increase/no movement. I'd go ahead and weigh in -- you'll never really be able to escape the TOM so might as well count it and figure out steps to maybe counterbalance the effects next month (at least that's what my strategy will be).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's what I did. It was 147.4, which is a gain of .4 lb. I figured we're all in the same boat, and since it's helpful to me in these situations to see you guys dealing with the same things, it would be considerate for me to share my own mini-setbacks...if this even qualifies as a setback.

    I'm eager to get to Friday or Saturday and re-weigh.

    (I was so psyched/eager to think I might be 145-point-somethin' by now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On really bad TOM weeks, I skip weigh-in's, but sounds like you get in a weigh-in since I read this post.

    And love that you're starting to see your abs/obliques! In all my life, I've never seen mine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make sure you post the day you do! You're going to be flying high! I'll never forget the 1st time I saw I'd developed some ab muscles. It wasn't that I'd been overweight back then either...it's just that I was always soft. Thinnish, but soft. What a waste of thin-ness. I never worked on muscle tone. Never thought I should. Just thought thin was enough. Blah. Gross. Wasted.

    ReplyDelete