Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 85 - Running does NOT suck! Wow!

I've never pushed myself to run because I always told myself I just can't do it.  I can walk uphill all day long and push myself through the muscle fatigue, but my heart doesn't race the way it does when I attempt to run.  I start telling myself to stop right away. "This isn't your exercise.  Just stop and speed walk or put an incline on the treadmill.  Running is for athletes."  Until today. :)  It was just a 1st step, but I jogged for 30 minutes!  I alternated minutes -  5mph (jog) and 6 mph (slow run).  When I realized I wasn't dying, I threw in 2 min of 7.5 mph - not back to back though.  And I also threw in 2 min of 3.5 mph, to get my breath and rev myself to burst back into an energetic minute.  Ended with additional 2 min at 3.5mph w/ an incline of 10.

I feel AWESOME!!!  I freakin RAN on the treadmill for 30 minutes (well...28, really)!!!  If I push myself just a little teeny bit more each time, I can be a full fledged runner in a few months....just get on that thing and run 7 - 7.5 mph for 20 min as though it's just a normal part of my day, like brushing my teeth.  I WANT THAT!!!!

Today's report:

Your Daily Summary

19787659_3275_thumb
-157
CALORIES REMAINING
GoalFoodExercise= Net
12101722- 355  1367


Speaking of wanting, I am craving some bittersweet dark chocolate like crazy!  Maybe it will go away while I'm sleeping and I'll wake up craving blueberries or artichokes like a good little RFSC'er.

Motivation pic time:



3 comments:

  1. That runner's prayer is awesome. Something else for me to pin up in my gym locker!
    Amazing work running. You know I've been trying and am slowly getting there ... part of me does think it's just fear (of what, I don't know) that is holding me back and I should just let go and do it.

    You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the many reasons why I love to hate running so much is because you really have to motivate yourself to do it - to keep going - to finish. Because, really, no one cares if you stop and walk but you.

    If running is for athletes, then you are an athlete, my friend!!! Good for you!!! There is little in this world that leaves me feeling as accomplished and awesome than completing a run! It's not always easy but it always feels great at the end! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but you get to post about it now when you push yourself to finish running a certain distance. I love that! I would NOT be making the progress I'm making towards my goals if I wasn't sharing my results with you guys and reading about yours. This is so incredibly helpful for me!

      Next time you're running, keep in mind we'll (I'll) be reading your blog and feeling psyched for and motivated by you (or bummed for you, if that be the case) for what you're achieving.

      BTW, I checked out the CrossFit WOD info online and it seems really well planned out though rather overwhelming. Looks like you need gym access for it, and some extensive knowledge of exercise terms. It was like reading a foreign language. Gym-speak? :)

      Delete