Thursday, May 31, 2012

My workout buddy is gone

Today's report:



Your Daily Summary

19787659_3275_thumb
492
CALORIES REMAINING
GoalFoodExercise= Net
12001513- 805  708









Exercise:  Hiking/Rock climbing - 1 hr 48 min

I had to have my sweet kitty of 15 years put to sleep 2 days ago, and it's awful exercising at home now, because it's the 1st time since I started working out at home that she's not here to get in the way.  I never thought I'd miss that so much.  It was an annoyance for all these years.  She particularly liked to sit in front of the full length mirror I'd put up to keep check on my form... Just sit and gaze at herself, then at me through the mirror, then back at herself.  (Vain little thing.)  Then she'd come close to me when I did floor work and try to lay as close to my head as possible when I had to lay supine, or she'd come up and sniff my face. I'd have to nudge her away, and she'd give me an annoyed "Hmmmmm" - like an "alright, fine..."  EVERY time.

Rest in peace, sweet girl.  :(    I think I'll always think of her and smile for the rest of my life when I workout at home - when that full length mirror is completely unobstructed, and no one bugs me during crunches.  >sigh<





4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your pal. Loosing a pet is so difficult. I miss my cat getting in the way too. It's so quite without her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the heartache of losing a pet. So sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about you buddy! I have two dogs and can't imagine life without them.

    Rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your precious cat. Losing a pet is so hard. :(

    ReplyDelete